Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fast & Easy Healthy Snacks

Today, I'm going to share some quick, easy, and healthy snacks with y'all. The hardest part (I think) of eating healthy is when I want a quick snack—junk food is always the quickest thing to grab, but here are some snacks that are fast and healthy, but still taste really good. Also, these are all vegetarian snacks. Let's get right into it!

Chia Yogurt Parfait:
This is so delicious and good for you. It makes a great snack but I've also used more yogurt and fruit, made it in a big tea cup or mason jar and had it for breakfast. It's super filling.

                                           

What you'll need:
2 Low fat vanilla 6oz yogurt cups 
2Tbs. Chia seeds
Fruit - fresh or frozen 
Granola 
Take one of the yogurt cups and put 2Tbs of chia seeds in and stir it up. Now you can either wait 10 -15 min before continuing or put it all together then wait a bit so the chia seeds have time to absorb and become kind of a gel. 
Put your chia yogurt in a cup, jar or bowl and layer your fave fruit on top. I'm using frozen peaches (for frozen fruit let it thaw first) and fresh sliced banana. Grab your second yogurt cup and spoon yogurt on top of the fruit until you have a layer, put in as much as your heart desires then put some more fruit on top and sprinkle on the granola. Easy, right? 


Zucchini Pizza Bites:

image via Shelby's video
  I found this recipe on Shelby Church's YouTube channel here's a link for the recipe in her after school snack video. (CLICK HERE
Zucchini may not sound like it would taste good with sauce and cheese, but it's actually amazing. 

Mediterranean Pops: 
                                    

Here's what you'll need:
Coco lite multi grain pop cakes 
Hummus 
Half bell pepper or 1 Roma tomato 

I normally eat two of these, so get out all the ingredients and dice the bell pepper or tomato (today I'm going to use bell pepper because I ran out of tomatoes), then spread some hummus on top of your pops and just sprinkle the vegetables on top. That's all there is to it. 

I hope these help you eat healthier in the new year! Comment which one is your favorite & let me know if you try any of them! Follow me on Bloglovin & Pinterest
Have a great week
- Serena 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awesome! I haven't tried Chia pudding yet, but I plan too. What's your fave flavor to make?

      Delete