Monday, August 24, 2015

DIY Girls Backpack Kit + Essentials

This is the final post in the three part back to school series. If you missed part one and two I'll have links at the bottom of the post. I'm going to show you how to put together a kit for your backpack and some other backpack essentials to help you get ready for school. I guarantee you or your friends will need at least one of these things throughout the year. 

I got this super cute elephant pouch at Hollister. Now let's get to what's inside.


1) Oil Blotting Wipes 
I got the NYX Green Tea Blotting Paper at Ulta. It's great because it doesn't take off your makeup 
2) Concealer 
To fix anything throughout the day. I use Physicians Formula right now, but I might look for a new one. Comment any suggestions. 
3) Eye Makeup Remover 
I got these at Ulta and it's perfect for if you mascara or eye liner smudges. 
4) Mini Nail File
Again, I got these at Ulta. They came in a three pack and were pretty inexpensive.  In case you break a nail, you can take care of it right away. 


1) Hair Brush
This one is pretty self explanatory.
2) Hair Tie Carabiner 
I saw this in a Bethany Motta video & thought it was genius. Just put your hair ties on a carabiner clip so that there not all over the bottom of you bag. I got the carabiner clip for under $2 at Lowes. 
3) Bobby Pins 
Because you always need them and somehow always lose them. I like to keep two or three in my bag. 

1) Lotion 
I love Eos lotion because it's a good travel size & it smells really good. 
2) Chapstick 
Because no one should have to walk around with dry lips. I love Eos 
3) Band Aids
4) Eye Drops (if you wear contacts)
5) Stain Remover Wipes
I got these Shout stain remover wipes at Target and they actually work pretty well. 

1) Headphones 
I have Yurbuds that I got on Amazon
2) Charger Stick/Backup Battery
I have a Justin Power stick that I got from Bonton. I usually charge it overnight so it's ready to go the next day. 
3) Phone Charger Cord
I got this blue one on Amazon.

Backpack essentials that might not fit in your kit: 
Mini Lint Roller 
Snack
Mini Deodorant 
Girly Things (pads, tampons, etc.) 

Back to School Series: #sparklestylebts

Comment any essentials I left out or any life hacks you have for back to school. 
Follow me on Bloglovin, Pinterest, and Google+. Join my monthly email list to get the months posts, updates, giveaway info, and more! Click here
- Serena 

No comments:

Post a Comment